- Patient Voices: Type 2 Diabetes, NY Times Health Guide
- The Most Complete Food Counter
Provides the basics: treatment, management and caregiving sections for type 1 and type 2. Find recipes, blogs and e-newsletters for some daily inspiration.
Run by dLife TV network, this site offers some good practical information including specifics for seniors and caregivers.
Written by Annette B. Natow and Jo-Ann Heslin, this book gives carb counts for tons of food items including fresh, frozen, packaged and take-out.
US News & World Report is well-respected for its “best hospital” surveys. Here we have listed just the top 10 hospitals ranked best for diabetes & endocrine disorders. For full list and ratings, visit the U.S. News & World Report website.
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell, New York, NY
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Normal blood glucose level is commonly agreed to be between 80 and 110 mg/dl.